Date Adopted: April 28, 2001
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.” (Colossians 3:16-17)
We believe that music is an integral part of our Christian Worship, and should be used solely to bring honor and praise to God.
Church Music Should Be:
- Glorifying to God, and presenting a high view of God.
- Edifying to the believers.
- A preparation of the hearts of God’s people for preaching or teaching.
- Structurally balanced in melody, harmony, and rhythm.
- Lyrically understood.
- An expression of worship to God.
Church Music Should Not Be:
- That which contains the elements of rock music since rock music in any form IS NOT Christian.
- A contemporary style of music that is syncopated and shallow of message.
Our Music Program:
- One must be an active member (see constitution section 7.3) in regular attendance to sing in the church choir or perform music specials.
- All church music specials must be scheduled.
- Invited musicians/singers must be in agreement with our church doctrine and music policy in order to minister to our church.
- Men are encouraged to be well groomed (coat and tie for Sunday services) and have a man’s haircut.
- Women are encouraged to wear modest, knee-length skirts or dresses.
- If you are scheduled for a special, and want to use music that does not come from our library, you must have it approved by the music committee.
- If you must cancel your scheduled time, contact the Music Chairman or the church office, and a substitute will be arranged for you.
- Obey the copyright laws.
- Please be well prepared, and to reduce disruptions, please sit on the front row behind the piano, afterwards, you may sit where you wish.
- We encourage the use of instruments for accompaniment, rather than the use of pre-recorded or “canned” music, because we believe in providing the opportunity to use God given talents.