The name "Chewelah Baptist Church" clearly reveals our beliefs and practices.
Chewelah: We take an active role in our community desiring “for all to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”
Baptist: Baptists are separatists not protestants. The Biblical principles practiced by the early New Testament church have always been followed by a small group of believers who separated themselves from the false doctrine of Roman Catholicism and other state-run churches. Because of their stand for Biblical truth, many were persecuted and killed. Over the years, those who followed these Biblical principles were given the name “Baptist.” We choose to stand with these great believers.
Church: The word "church" means "a called out assembly.” We function as believers who are called out of this world to live Christ-centered lives.
Chewelah Baptist Church is not part of any convention, fellowship, or association. The members of Chewelah Baptist Church, as led by the Holy Spirit of God, are the ones who make the decisions for this local church, not a synod, diocese, president, or some headquarters.
Our purpose is to glorify God by:
- Conducting an Independent Baptist Church in accordance with the Word of God, the Articles of Faith, the Covenant, and the Constitution of this local Church.
- Promoting the worship of our God.
- Edifying believers.
- Teaching the whole counsel of God.
- Administering the ordinances and Biblical discipline.
- Seeking to win the lost to Christ through personal witnessing and the preaching of the gospel.
- Carrying on a vigorous missionary program around the world.
- Establishing other Baptist churches.
- Defending the faith.
- Maintaining a good testimony for Christ in our community by godliness and good works.
- Educating our children and youth from a Biblical aspect for life and service.